After completing this module, you will be able to:
- Successfully create, edit, and send offer letters
- Successfully create and send documents to an applicant
- Successfully use and track applicants that you have “marked hired”
- Your user role must have permission to manage account details, edit and send offer letters, and view and edit applicants.
Creating, Editing, and Sending an Offer Letter
An offer letter is a formal written document sent by an employer to a job candidate selected for employment. You can create and store multiple offer letter templates in your account, then select the right template when you're ready to extend an offer to an applicant. Your applicant will have the opportunity to digitally accept your offer, then a PDF copy of the signed offer will be generated in the restricted files section.
To add a new offer letter template from scratch, click on the Menu Icon < Account Details < under the Templates section, select Offer Letters.
Next, select the Add a Template button. Enter a name for your new Offer Letter Template, enter your offer letter body, then click Save New.
To save time, use the Field Names (located on the right side of the offer letters page). The field names will populate when you create a new offer letter to send to an applicant. They must be entered exactly as they appear, so using "copy and paste" is highly recommended. You can also edit or update the field names before sending an offer letter.
To create a template by copying another template that has already been created, select Edit and then Copy to New. You’ll also be able to easily edit or remove templates. Simply select Edit or Remove next to the job template you wish to edit or remove from the offer letters section in your account.
Documents and How to Create Them
The Documents feature allows a user to send multiple documents (new hire forms, company policies etc) to an applicant, along with an offer letter or separately, to be digitally signed by the applicant. Subscribers at certain plan levels can create custom onboarding document templates for easy use.
To upload your own custom documents and store them as templates:
- Click on the Menu Icon < Account Details < under Templates, select Documents.
2. To add a new Document template, select Upload a Document. Once the upload screen populates, add a name for your document, click Choose File, and select the file to upload from your device. Then select Upload.
3. Select your desired fields: Signature, Initials, Checkbox, Textbox and/or Sign Date. Drag to place them anywhere you wish in the new document. Follow the prompts on each field as they pop up to designate who will sign or fill out a particular field or what variable should appear in the field.
4. Click Continue. You will now see your new custom document listed on the Documents Templates screen.
Sending Offer Letters & Documents
1. Find the applicant to which you wish to send an offer letter and documents. Click View Applicant.
2. On the top navigation menu, click Send Offer.
3. Click Get Started: Applicant Information.
4. Verify the applicant details and then select Next: Offer Details.
5. Here you will enter specific details regarding the offer. Once the information has been entered, select Next: Create Offer Letter.
6. Your next screen will show a preview of your Offer Letter that will be sent. You do have the option to edit any information from this screen. Once all looks correct, scroll down and select Next: Add Onboarding Documents.
7. Here you will have the option to either select a document from a template previously created OR upload a new document. Once accurate documents are attached (if needed), select Preview Offer.
8. From here you can add additional contacts that need to be CC or BCC'd on the Offer Letter email. If all is correct, scroll to the bottom of the screen and select Send Offer Letter.
Congratulations! You just extended an offer of employment to an applicant!
Sending Documents Only
You may find yourself needing to send a document to an applicant, but you don't necessarily need to send them the offer letter. This can easily be done from the ATS within the Applicant Profile.
1. Once you have the applicant profile pulled up, select Messages and then Send Documents.
2. You will now have the option to either upload a new document OR select an existing document that was previously saved as a Document Template. Once you select the correct document, click Create Documents.
3. You will now be prompted to provide any information that is needed for a field assigned to "Sender" when the document was created. Enter the information and select Continue.
4. Review the Subject line and add any text you would like included in the email to the applicant. Then select Send Documents. A pop-up box will populate to confirm that you are ready to send the documents. Confirm that you are.
Congratulations! You just sent documents to your applicant!
Hiring Your Candidate (Mark as Hired)
Through your account, you can easily hire and track applicants that you have hired.
Click View Applicant next to the name of the applicant you want to mark as hired. This will open that person's Application Viewer.
From the Application Viewer, click on the Mark as Hired button. A popup window will appear, prompting you to fill out the acceptance date and start date. Enter the requested information and select Save.
If you exit the application viewer and then re-open it, you will see the button updated as "Hired" with a date stamp. In addition, a note will be added to the Activity section in the application viewer indicating the applicant has been marked as hired. The note will include the user who marked the applicant as hired and a date stamp marking when it took place.
You have just hired a new employee!
Viewing a List of Hired Applicants:
We have made it pleasantly simple to track hired applicants in a sortable list in your account. To view a list of your hired applicants, click on the Main Menu button and select Applicants then Hired Applicants from the drop-down menu. A list of your hired applicants will populate.
1. You can send your onboarding documents along with your offer letter.
2. Your applicant can digitally accept your offer.
4. Can you track your hired applicants? If so, how?
- No feature current allows this
- Click on Your Account, then the Hired Applicants link from the drop-down menu
- Click on Your Account > Account Details, then select Offer Letters
nuǝɯ uʍop-doɹp ǝɥʇ ɯoɹɟ ʞuıן sʇuɐɔıןddɐ pǝɹıɥ ǝɥʇ uǝɥʇ 'ʇunoɔɔɐ ɹnoʎ uo ʞɔıןɔ ˙q (3 ǝnɹʇ ˙ɐ (2 ǝnɹʇ ˙ɐ (1 :sɹǝʍsuɐ